Iscom University Benin
- August 15, 2020
- Posted by: Renwesson
- Category: Blog and News
The Institut Superieur de Communication d’Organisation et de Management (Iscom University, Benin) is a private university in Cotonou, the largest city and economic capital of the Benin. Iscom University is one of the first institutions in Benin to operate a functional online learning platform.
Iscom was established in February 2005 at first, as a tutorial college for some foreign universities Iscom opened as a tertiary education institution in July 2007, and was accredited to offer certificates, diplomas, undergraduate degrees and postgraduate programmes by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) in Republic of Benin.
In 2014, UNESCO signed a memorandum of understanding with Iscom University to provide tuition for Iscom students who achieved a 4.0 GPA and above as part of its tertiary education fund for Francophone countries.
In March 2018, the university partnered with the Aminu Kano International Foundation to award 50 scholarships to Nigerian students from Kano State to study at the university.
Facts and Stats
Iscom University, Benin is a privately owned university located in Senade-Akpakpa, Cotonou, Benin Republic and it is ranked as one of the country’s top 10 universities.
It is one of the nation’s first-largest city universities and has over 10 faculties, 45 departments and 13 research laboratories. It is fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Benin Republic and UNESCO.
Nigerian Graduates of ISCOM University are duly qualified to go for the one year mandatory National Youth Service Corps program (NYSC).
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the Faculty of Pure and applied Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
|B.Sc||Human Resources Management||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Computer Science||3 YEARS|
|B.A||Mass Communication||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Business Administration||3 YEARS|
|B.Eng||Electrical/Electronic Engineering||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Banking and Finance||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Information Technology||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||International Relation and Diplomacy||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Social Justice||3 YEARS|
|B.Eng||Computer Engineering||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Estate Management||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Political Science||3 YEARS|
|B.Sc||Public Administration||3 YEARS|
|B.A||French Language Communication||3 YEARS|
Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes
Master of Science (MSc.)
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) are as stated bellow:
All candidates must have minimum of five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects to proposed course of study at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 2.5/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and university PGD in the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
Professional Master’s Degree Programme
- Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of ISCOM University or equivalent of any other University approved by UNESCO and the National Universities Commission (NUC, for Nigerian Universities).
- Candidates with university degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
|M.Sc||Human Resources Management||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Mass Communication||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|MBA||Business Administration||4 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Finance||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|MIRD||International Relation and Diplomacy||4 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Management||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Economics||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Microbiology||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Conflict, Peace and Strategic Studies||3 Semesters – Full Time|
|M.Sc||Biology||3 Semesters – Full Time|
To Apply for ISCOM University programmes, Click here to get started.