The Top-Up (Degree, Diploma and HND Conversion) Programme is a platform cum opportunity that is made available for quality university education for the target beneficiaries.
Renwesson.com.ng (in collaboration with selected and accredited universities in West Africa) has introduced a new programme for Nigeria (HND, Degree or Professional Diploma) graduates in a bid to remedy the results of those who were unable to standout academically during their first degree due to one challenge or the other.
Generally, any HND holder at all would benefit from this programme. However, the upgrade degree is more popular with graduates that fall into the following category
- Graduates with HND obtained from ACCREDITED Polytechnics to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Graduates (HND) who would prefer to do another related or different course.
- Graduates of polytechnics who are not trained to be teachers, they can use this program to change to an education line.
The Objectives of the Degree and HND Conversion Programmes are to:
- provide suitable academic programmes that would facilitate conversion from HND to university degree certification. • make available contents and Instructions that would upgrade the quality of university degrees from Third Class end/or Pass. • facilitate university education that will lead to change of degree/career, where necessary. * bring an academic level ground for degree inequality.
- University graduates with Pass or Third Class degrees• HND graduates desirable of University first degree. Graduates with Interest In career change (e.g. graduate of Chemistry wishing to change career to Accounting, etc).
PROGRAMME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (HND GRADUATES):
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme are
- A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
- National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be)
- Holders of professional examinations final diploma may be considered
- OND holders can be considered for direct entry admission into the main campus study programme
- Holders of ICAN, ACCA can apply for direct conversion after written practical experience project (PEP),
- CICN, CIPMN, NIPR, IDPM etc can apply and may be considered.
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme (with duration (made up of 4 Semesters) are as follows;
- Banking& Finance
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- International relations
- Computer Science
- B.Sc. Psychology
- B.Sc. Sociology
Due to the ongoing challenges of the Pandemic, the following can be considered where student can satisfied conditions;
- B.Eng. Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- B.Eng. Civil Engineering
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- B.Tech. Architectural Technology