BSc. Human Resource Management Top-up, Fastrack option
About the course
Why Human Resource Management?
This top-up course which is offered in collaboration with accredited universities in Benin republic, Cameroon, Liberia and Kenya, lets you build on your existing knowledge and skills to understand the role human resource management plays in a business, and how you can play a part or join in the industry too even if you hold a different degree.
If you’ve already studied a business subject to diploma level and you want to understand the world of HR, then this course could be ideal for you.
How will you learn?
You will learn through practical application and delivered lectures, workshops, seminars and group work sessions.
- This course will focus on the strategic elements of people resourcing and the contribution that these activities can make to organizational success and achieving a high performing workforce in a rapidly changing environment.
- You’ll learn about people resourcing which covers management issues from per-employment, recruitment and selection, initial and continuing employment to redundancy, retirement and exit interviews.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to understand the professional skills needed in the HR industry including how to recruit and inspire staff.
- You’ll have the chance to develop your potential as a Human Resource Management (HRM) professional while looking at wider industry issues too in order to help you develop your business acumen.
- You’ll have the chance to build up a knowledge of how HRM can help to create a high performance workplace, all by attracting, retaining, developing, managing and rewarding staff.
What subjects will you cover?
You’ll explore subjects such as People Resourcing, Human Resource Development, Employment Relations, Strategic Management and Cross Cultural Studies.