This Civil Engineering (Top-up) degree programme, offered by IAEC-TOGO University, is ideal if you are qualified by holding Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Level 5 diploma in a civil engineering-related subject and you wish to enhance your career prospects. This programme is a Short Degree programme, aimed at students who have completed at least 6 semesters in Civil Engineering or already hold a degree in a field related to Civil Engineering.
In the first term, every aspect of Civil Engineering will be addressed during the study: water, roads and constructions. During the enrollment process, you will be asked to make a Civil Engineering Assignment at home. The results from this assignment are taken into account in the application process. A digital interview can be part of the enrollment process as well. If this is the case, you will be informed during the enrollment process.
This top-up degree may be used as a stepping stone to master’s degree-level study.
How you are assessed (Classroom or Online)
Modules are assessed by a variety of methods including examination and in-course assessment as well as group work and poster presentations.
This module advances the development of your independent learning skills by allowing you to investigate an area of engineering for an extended period. You are given training in writing technical reports for knowledgeable readers and you produce a report or dissertation of the work covered. You also give an oral presentation, a poster presentation or both. The topic can be in the form of a research project or a design project. You develop key skills in research, knowledge application and creation through keynote lectures where appropriate and self-managed independent study. You are supported through regular tutorial sessions and project supervision meetings.
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The Top-up Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) uses a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes and remote experiments
- face-to-face tutorials/day schools/workshops and/or online tutorials
- using mathematical and scientific expressions, notations and associated techniques
- working in a group with other students
- using and producing diagrams or screenshots
- undertaking practical work
- finding external/third party material online
- using technology for research purposes involving access to catalogues and databases online
- working with specialist reading material
- Using specialist software (for example the Open Design Studio).
- continuous and end-of-module assessment in the form of essays, short answer questions, and in some cases an examination
- using feedback: continuous assessment involves receiving detailed feedback on your work from your tutor and using this feedback to improve your performance
- engagement with learning and assessment within a pre-determined schedule or timetable – time management will be needed during your studies and the platform will help you to develop these skills throughout your degree
Thesis, Fellowship, and Work Requirements
Prospective learners should consider whether they want to write a thesis or complete a practicum, which some schools require. Schools may also offer individual fellowships or require internships or work experience during the program.
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
This qualification develops your learning in four main areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
The level and depth of your learning gradually increases as you work through the qualification. You’ll be supported throughout by our unique style of teaching and assessment – which includes a personal tutor to guide and comment on your work; top quality course texts; e-learning resources like podcasts, interactive media and online materials.
Classification of your degree
On successfully completing this top up undergraduate course, you’ll be awarded the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree by IAEC University, Togo. You’ll have the opportunity to attend a degree ceremony or convocation in the main campus.
The class of degree (first, upper second, lower second or third class honours) depends on your grades in part 1 and 2.
IAEC University, Togo is globally recognized. Fully accredited in Togo and recognized by the Federal Ministry of Education, Nigeria. If you intend to use your degree to seek work or undertake further study outside Africa, we recommend checking with the university student affairs centre to get your results authenticated by the Ministry of Education in Togo. This is all you need to fly higher with your prestigious degree in civil engineering.
- Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering
- Construction management: Road construction
The first step in getting started with your degree in civil engineering is to officially make application by downloading the application below. Once you are done, fill in the required details and proceed to chat with the admission help center to complete your registration.
Kindly chat with the programme admin (+2349020982060) to complete your registration into the programme.